MEET OTHER CANADIAN MEN
who are committed to being better, more authentic, men.
Illuman is a not-for-profit international organization for men who are simply interested in becoming better, more authentic men. To learn more about Illuman, please click here to go to the Illuman website in a new tab.
This webpage and its membership system is specifically for the Canadian chapter of Illuman.
We welcome all men regardless of ethnicity, class, education, sexual orientation, religion or any other characteristic that might make you feel excluded.
Illuman is a global initiative committed to supporting men who are seeking to deepen their spiritual lives. We are an organization that is open to all men based on the simple belief that we are all brothers. Illuman was founded in 2012, emerging from the work of Men as Learners and Elders (MALEs) founded by Fr. Richard Rohr, and it is the organization approved for the Journey of Illumination, The Way of Council, Soularize, and the Men’s Rites of Passage.
To learn more about Illuman, please click here to learn about the Illuman international website.
- We are men transforming men through a power greater than ourselves.
- We are seeking a life changing spirituality.
- Our primary concern is inner work that makes a difference in the world.
- We are fed by the wisdom traditions of forgiveness and radical inclusivity.
- Our work together in LISN_groups;
- recovers sustainable positive patterns of male initiation,
- affirms a masculine path to healing,
- reveals the true and false self and
- honors the path of descent.
- We do this through the power of ritual, image, story and council.
FIVE TOUCHSTONES used in our LISN_groups:
- Centering – we are men grounded in the power of the here and now.
- Gathering – we are men who listen deeply to each other’s stories.
- Connecting – we are men who choose another to walk with – shoulder to shoulder.
- Releasing – We are men who let go of the ways that no longer serve us.
- Serving – we are men who honor the earth and serve the whole human community.
We seek to form future generations of men who will restore these practices – serving to build a world that celebrates the beauty of all beings.